Dignitary Tour Protocol
- Meet with GHS host/host committee to obtain input on meeting focus
- Confirm person(s)/designee assigned to be accountable for each visit process
- Alert all GHS persons confirmed to be involved in actual visit/meetings to ensure calendar availability
- Appropriate meeting location should be reserved
- If tour is to be provided, confirm arrangements/logistics necessary w/ the Office of Community Relations
Pre-Meeting/Visit Information Packet to be Coordinated:
Pre-planning contact information for visitor(s) to be confirmed with department initiating visit. Correct names, titles and brief biographies including thumbnails of expected VIP/visitors to be received from designated contact.
Proposed agenda, planned itinerary with participants titles/pictures & brief biographies as needed, along with detailed directions to campus/building/floor/room; parking instructions; detailed contact information for departmental staff including cell phone numbers and email in case needed.
Ensure the appropriate number of parking spaces have been reserved. At this time, contact designee to greet guest(s) upon arrival. “Greeter” should meet guest curbside.
Travel Arrangement Assistance as Needed:
Office in charge of visit will take care of necessary travel arrangements for guest. Should guest be flying in, arrange for airport pick-up/return along with campus escort. For overnight visits, assist with hotel reservation/confirmation as needed.
- Formal coffee/drink service w/ tablecloth to be arranged at confirmed meeting location
- Possible continental breakfast for early meetings
- Cost estimate(s) should be provided as far in advance as possible when funded by this office and all receipts should be turned in immediately
- Unless stipulated, all lunches are to be served on china. Floral arrangements may not be necessary—check with the office sponsoring the visit for instructions.
- If flowers are necessary, consult Special Events staff for recommendations on the style arrangement
Photographer and/or Internal/External Media Coverage:
- Schedule photographer for event, define type of pictures needed and what format
- Coordinate necessary internal/external media coverage with the Office of Communications
- If more than one news venue has been invited, set up a “green room” or “press room” from which questions will be taken and answered.
Guests are to be greeted at designated entry and signage welcoming guests should be place at main entry and designated visit/tour locations.
Each guest is to receive the following packet of information at scheduled meeting:
- GHS Brochure/publication
- Copy of Agenda
- Photo listing of all attendees w/ short biographies (as needed)
- Relevant materials necessary for meeting
- Name plates/tent cards to be placed on conference table for meeting attendees
- Provide visitor(s) with GHS memento/gift (pen, button, etc.) as appropriate
- A focused tour will be coordinated by the Office of Community Relations (as needed)
- A building representative is to greet guests at front door of each tour stop
- It is the expectation that a representative from each of the tour stops will be available for questions.
- Send thank you notes to tour participants
- Send a post event evaluation form to guest host
- Hold a de-briefing meeting via phone or in person
Complete our tour questionnaire and contact the Office of Community Relations, 706-721-1278,
to begin planning.